Introduction: Arduino - Convert a 1 Channel Monitor to a 4 Channel Monitor With Access Code
Hello world! Today i converted a 1 Channel monitor to a 4 channel monitor by using arduino, it has a keypad plus access code, Default code is 1234. We use 4 Relays to control 4 CCTV cameras. I had this old monitor laying around dusting away and i decided to make a circuit on a prototype board to put my old monitor back in use, since i have 4 wired cameras and this monitor can only take 1 wired cam, i made some kind of splitter from a couple of DVR Cables from a broken EasyCap USB Dvr box, Arduino, a 4x4 keypad, a 4 channel relay module and a old Monitor that had 4 wireless cameras by default. Follow the next step for the Schematic, Code & Parts list.
NOTE: You can also do this with your tv of course!
Step 1: Schematic, Code & Parts List
Just wire it up like the schematic & Upload the code!
- Arduino uno
- 4 Channel Relay Module
- 4x4 Keypad
- PCB Prototype board, Or breadboard.
- Jumper wire set MM/FF/MF
- Leds, 1x red 1x green. Or Whatever color you like.
- Buzzer (optional for key press sound)
- Old 1 Channel monitor Or just your TV.
- 5 DVR Video Cables The yellow ones,(Red ones can be used to! I used a red one 2.. Doesn't make a difference, white can be used to.)
- And of course 4 wired cameras!
Simply cut the DVR Cables in half or as long as you want them.
You will see a white and red wire, at least in my case it was. White is - (Cathode) Red is + (Anode)
Connect it like the schematic shows. Put it on a breadboard or solder it to a PCB Prototype Board.
It is very easy! Good luck!