At this time, I am so guilty. So i decide to think of a way to fundamentally solve the problem.
A fingerprint lock would be help for me, and there are plenty of these kinds of locks on the market, as the picture above. But it is not only expensive, and, it is also very troublesome to install. I hope to find a cheap way and do need not change my locks.
After learning Arduino for 2 weeks, I decided to DIY a fingerprint lock, with Arduino.
Step 1: Solution and Module Preparing
As you can see, as long as the red part of the figure pulled in the direction of the arrow, the door can be unlocked, and of cause, when not pulled, the red part go back to it’s original location to lock the door. So I think, a servo would be OK to accomplish this function.
And, i need a fingerprint sensor, too, when i or my wife press the fingerprint sensor, which can determine whether a person is certified, it outputs instructions to the Arduino, to control servo to open the door.
I use the following modules:
1. Crowduino，this is an Arduino compatible microcontroller boards, i use it because it is cheap enough, and has some upgrading on the design, such as the reset button on the side.
2. FingerPrint Sensor
3. A servo with enough torque.
4. Glue，or anything that can be used to fix these modules
5. 5V USB power supply or 9V DC jack power supply
6. Some jumper wires would be help.