Hey everyone, this is Alex here! Today I want to share with you mine cooling system for small 10 liters fish tank. I am from Ukraine an this year summer is getting very got sometimes. So at small fish tank temp goes up very fast. I have another project, based on Pelletier elements, but until power supply will be finished I decide to make this simple cooler for my fish.
Step 1: Tools and Parts
If you already have some arduino this means that you have some stuff for soldering.
So in our case you will need:
1. everything for soldering
2. Some wires
3. Power supply (I am using 12v 1000mA dc from old adsl router) 3-5 bucks
4. Arduino (obvious) I am using pro mini, bought on eBay for 5 bucks
5. Relay module for arduino 5 bucks
6. Ds18b20 temperature sensor (grab one on eBay in waterproof housing) 2-3 bucks
7. 4,7k resistor for ds18b20 sensor
8. Pc fan (120mm - is the best choice, because of less sound and more efficiency) 3-5 bucks
9. Plastic case (I used one for electrical commutation)
10. 2 Sushi sticks (fast placement for fan)
11. 4 plastic fasteners Total cost is about $20-25