Its a simple illustration on how we can connect Arduino to Matlab and actually control and get information on Arduino
I have seen few tutorials regarding how to control or get data from Arduino using Matlab. Matlab is a very powerful tool for student and engineers a like. That's why i want to create this tutorial as a start for those, like me want to explore the 2 powerful tools in engineering and techs.
It's a rough start for me since this is my first post in instructables.... feel free to comment so i can improve it thanks!
here's the vid for the demo:
Step 1: Step 1: Things you need to know
1. Matlab and creating M-file and GUI (there are tons of tutorials online)
2. Arduino and Arduino programming
3. Arduino Support with Matlab
tutorials from Giampiero Campa
Step 2: Step 2: Things you need (materials)
3. USB cable for the Arduino
5. Photodiode (Photoresistor as an alternative)
Step 3: Step 3: The dreaded process
1. Connect the circuit.
2. Connect your Arduino to your PC.
3. From the ArduinoIO (http://www.mathworks.com/academia/arduino-software/arduino-matlab.html)
upload the adiosrv.pde to your arduino. Now your arduino will be the server that will accepting commands
comming from Matlab.
For the Matlab
3. Run your Matlab as an administrator.
4. From the command window in Matlab type "install_arduino" (make sure that the active directory is in your ArduinoIO folder)
For this tutorial my idea is to make a manual and automatic lighting of an LED
5. Create an M-File in Matlab (or download below my GUI program). Make sure you have the right COM port of your Arduino)
(the yes.m.txt is the program source code, the yes.fig.txt is the GUI just remove the txt extension)
6. Run the program. Enjoy!