Here is a list of the items you will need to complete this project. For the Lilypad items, I purchased everything from FunGizmos.com. You will need two of each to make two scarves.
Savings Tip: If you need to save money, you could have one of the scarves work just as an emitter only, which would only need the IR transmitter and a battery.
1. Lilypad Arduino Board
2. Lilypad Tri-Color LED
3. Coin Cell Holder
4. 3V Coin Cell Battery 20mm
(or you can use any of the other power and battery boards for the Lilypad)
5. Conductive Thread
6. Lilypad Button Board (optional)
7. (x2) Infrared Emitter and Phototransistor Detector - available at RadioShack
8. Resistors 10Kohm and 56ohm
9. FTDI Basic breakout Board (used to program the Lilypad)
Scarf Components - For the fabric needs, I went to my local craft store.
1. I used two different colored fleece scarves
2. Two different fabric prints ( I had 1 yd of each)
3. Heat'n Bond Ultra Hold Iron-On Adhesive
4. Fabric paint
5. Iron Patches (optional)
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
That's a pro feature!
Want to go pro?
First step is to sign up.
Already a member?" Login »