Introduction: Arduino Network Time Clock
When pressing the button, the system connects to the local wifi and retrieves the current date and time from a remote network time server via NTP. The data will be shown on the display for about 10 seconds. After that, the system shuts down itself via soft off pin of the button. And then, the button can be pressed again.
- Adafruit Full sized breadboard
- Adafruit Feather HUZZAH with ESP8266 WiFi
- Adafruit 1.44" Color TFT LCD Display with MicroSD Card breakout - ST7735R
- Adafruit Push-button Power Switch Breakout
- Adafruit Lithium Ion Polymer Battery - 3.7v 1200mAh
- Adafruit Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 6" (150mm)
- Adafruit USB A/Micro Cable - 2m
Required additional libraries which are not included in the Arduino IDE:
- TimeLib - Time is a library that provides timekeeping functionality for Arduino.
- Adafruit GFX Library - This is the core graphics library for all Adafruit displays
Adafruit ST7735 Library - This is a library for the Adafruit 1.44" SPI display.
You can install these libraries under Windows in c:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\Arduino\libraries\