It seems like I can't upload any files other than pictures, so here's a link to my dropbox, original files included: http://www.dropbox.com/sh/ihua115tbmmy9h8/6tvqm0G5Ue . The non-shield driver has been made with Diptrace, the shield driver with Fritzling.
This is my very first instructable, so well commented "criticism" is welcome.
Step 1: Things you will need
Things you will need anyhow:
- Arduino Uno/Mega/all others with similar pin configurations
- A power supply that can deliver enough power
- Headers, a lot of them
- Screw terminals
- Normal red LED + 330 ohm resistor
- 16 pin socket (DIP)
- L293N motor driver
- Soldering iron/ solder
If you are going to etch the board (Toner Transfer Method):
- a copper board
- sodium persulfate (or anything else that is used for etching, like ferric chloride, ammonium persulfate, so on)
^- mark the bottle you are storing your etchant in, so people know NOT to drink it!
- Photo paper
- Laser printer capable of printing thick paper
- Something to heat the etch solution (I used a 4ohm resistor salvaged from a car, on a 12V battery, use a BIG resistor or it will melt)
- Very fine sanding paper
- Etch tank/something NOT make out of metal in which you can etch (I used a plastic Chinese food thing)
- A 1mm drill
If you can't/won't etch: