Introduction: Arduino / Processing - HC-SR04 RADAR Using Processing & Arduino
Hello world! Today i made a cool little MiNi RADAR that detects objects and displays it on your computer by using the Processing IDE & Arduino. Check out the next steps for the Schematic Parts list & Codes.
You need 2 IDE's.
- Arduino IDE
- Processing IDE
In the processing code you need to take 2 steps.
- First change the COM port at line 29 to the right COM port that you are using on arduino.
- Second (optional) Change the Font at line 31(ONLY if you have a error with the font) Simply go to tools/make font/ and copy the font name that you want to use and the error should disappear.
Unzip the File: "Arduino_RADAR_HC_SR04 Code" to Documents/processing/ to a map named "Arduino_RADAR_HC_SR04" There is also a data map which contains the font so you won't have a error with fonts.
Step 1: Schematic Code & Parts List.
Just wire it up like the schematic upload the code and it should work.
Do not execute/run the processing code when uploading to arduino because they both use the same com port, This will create a conflict and results into a error.
After uploading the arduino code to arduino, run the code in the processing IDE by pressing the play button and a window should pop up with a radar. Now place your object and see if it is detected by showing a red color on the radar.
- arduino uno, i used the RobotDyn Uno.
- HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Range Sensor.
- Servo Motor. (+ optional Mount attached on it for the HC-SR04, create one or buy one) i made one from carton, and hot glued the wires.
- Jumper wires set. MM/FF/MF
- Object to detect.
Follow me for more cool stuff!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.