Introduction: Arduino & Processing - HEART BEAT MONITOR With Pulse Sensor.
Hello world! Today i wanted to share a project that could be very handy for some people at home, with this project you can monitor your own heart rate at home, i want to share it on instructables and youtube so people can have a cheap DIY reliable heart rate monitor. Go to the next step for the schematic, codes & parts list.
The processing part:
- First Download processing here.
- Download the processing Codes included in this instructable.
- Save it to your processing folder, you can find it at user/documents/processing/
- Open the processing folder and open PulseSensorAmpd_Processing_1dot4
- Press the play button after you uploaded the ARDUINO code to arduino, do not upload this processing code to arduino because it is the Software part of the Project.
- Simply wire it up like the schematic shows.
- Download the HEART BEAT MONITOR.zip and extract it to your arduino folder, and open HEART_BEAT_MONITOR.ino (You should see 4 tabs when the code opens. If not, open each code and make new tabs in the HEART_BEAT_MONITOR.ino and copy & paste the rest manualy into the new tabs)
- Upload the code to arduino.
- NOW press the play button and choose the COM port which your arduino is connected to, Attach the Sensor to a velcro strip or whatever you wanna use and wrap it around your Index finger. You should now see your heart rate.
Step 1: Schematic, Codes & Parts List.
- Arduino uno
- Pulse sensor
- 3 wires 1 GND, 1 VCC, 1 Signal.
That's it! Very easy DIY Heart rate monitor!
EDIT: I ADDED APPLICATIONS FOR THOSE WHO DON'T USE PROCESSING.
- I added Linux applications for both 32 & 64bit Operation Systems.
- Also added Linux applications for Linux-armv6hf for ARM computers.
- + i added a Windows 32 & 64 Bit Applications.
Check out our website! Arduinosensors.nl
Follow me for more cool & cheap DIY stuff!
udaywankar made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.