This is a project for Arduino and Raspberry Pi to make an Internet Radio, aimed at intermediate skill level. Some familiarity with Linux usage will be beneficial (or access to someone who can help out if required).
Raspberry Pi runs mpd music player daemon to receive and decode the internet radio stream.
ALSA running on the Raspberry Pi provides the sound through either the Jack Socket or the HDMI output.
Arduino runs a nanpy interface code to interface with Python, providing Text output of the Radio Station playing and Button inputs to control Playback.
* Learn how to use the mpd/mpc on the Raspberry Pi
* Learn how to use the nanpy library for Python to interface the Pi to the Arduino
* Make a Cool Internet Radio
Step 1: You Will Need
* Arduino UNO
* LCD / Keyboard Shield e.g. (http://goo.gl/XAhvx)
* Raspberry Pi
* USB and Ethernet cables
Step 2: Install the Required Packages for mpd/mpc
1. Update Raspbian to the latest packages
$ sudo apt-get update
2. Install the mpd / mpc packages
$ sudo apt-get install mpc mpd
This installs the Music Player Daemon (mpd) and it's client mpc.
You use the mpc client to configure mpd to add radio streams to the playlist, start and stop the player etc.