Step 1: Before You Start
Assumptions:1. You have necessary tools to solder three wires to LCD shield.
Deliverables (from me):1. Screenshot where solder three DHT11 pins to.2. Code of Arduino Station (example, used by me)
Instructions:1. Download necessary libraries for DHT11 and LCD DFRobot (all links below in References section)2. Connect LCD shield to ARDUINO by pushing pins into sockets. Ensure all are in and stable.3. Time for some soldering.
Step 2: Soldering - Info and How to Connect "wires" ;)
4. Ensure that soldering was clean and wires are not "touching" each other or any part on board. All should be stable and well connected. If not - loose cable can cause serious damage to whole device.
5.Once above is done and you have doublechecked it - connect Arduino UNO to USB, load code (see atached code in next step or e-mail me if something is wrong) and send it to device. (You do not know how to connect USB to your PC/Mac ? - go to Arduino webpage for tutorial. Links in next step).
6. Wait until it boots and you should see Arduino Station message as a welcome screen. After 10seconds you should see some blinking info (this was done mainly for LCD test purpose and you can change it if needed)
7. Once blinking is done - you should see Temp: and Humid: info WITH REAL DATA. There is no delay for REAL DATA. It should appear immediately with Temp and Humid info. Note that instead of Humidity you can get "Wilgotnosc" as this is PL version of code.
8. It refreshes every 60 seconds giving you info "Refresh" before new data is displayed.
9. I've used some LEGO to cover it and double-side tape to stick it to wall next to my ipad charger (works well :)
Step 3: Congratulations - It's All Done :)
That's it :) Comments and Questions here - firstname.lastname@example.org Major changes to code, suggestions etc. - use above to share please :) See links below for more info and useful hints.
Code is attached.
Few links below: