This is a very simple but at the same time a very hard project depending on your skill level. Lets get to building!
What this is, is a wireless animatronic hand that doesn't need a computer to operate. The user wears a control glove and can control the animatronic hand precisely. Bellow are some pictures of the final product:
Step 2: Control Glove
Arduino w/ ATMEGA 328
Xbee w/ Shield
5 Flex sensors
Hook up wire
Custom PCB making tools
(5) 10k resistors
1. Power both of the Arduinos to make sure they operate correctly.
2. Assemble the Xbee radio shields.
3. Connect the Xbee shields to the Arduino by placing on top of the Arduino.
4. Connect the Xbee’s to the shields and connect them via USB.
5. Take the ATMEGA328 chip off the Arduino so there is a direct link between the computer and the Xbee radio.
6. Configure them in XCTU (default settings will work).
7. From here i built my own PCB (I'm not going to touch on how to do that, there are other very good tutorial out there) I used the data sheet for the sensors from this site, this is also where i got these sensors:
8.From here i put all the boards together and tested it out to see if everything worked (powered on).
9. I sewed the flex sensors onto the glove by poking a hole at top and running the string over and under the sensor so it can still freely move.
10. i built the arm band with some elastically and some STRONG double sided tape.
Step 3: Custom PCB (Glove)
So for the glove i made a custom PCB to connect to the arduino. This PCB is for the 5 flex sensors for arduino inputs. This is my first PCB so it wasn't by any means complex nor professional. I made this in EAGLE CAD and used the Sharpie Method.