Introduction: Arduino YouTube Subscriber Counter
- It has a web UI (Not so beautiful)
- It automatically truncates the subscriber count to values like 120k or 12m
- It is easily customisable (If you don't have a Nokia 5110 LCD, you can use any Adafruit GFX compatible screen)
Proceed to the next step if you are interested.
Step 1: Prepare the Hardware
You will need:
- 8 jumper wires
- Any Adafruit_GFX compatible screen (I'll use Nokia 5110)
- NodeMCU 1.0
- Any printer to print the housing
Step 2: Wire Everything Up
If you use Nokia 5110 screen here's the pinout:
pin 13 - Serial clock out (SCLK)
pin 15 - Serial data out (DIN)
pin 5 - Data/Command select (D/C)
pin 4 - LCD chip select (CS)
pin 2 - LCD reset (RST)
If you use another, wire it yourself
Step 3: Prepare the Software
- ESP8266 Platform
- Adafruit GFX
- Adafruit GFX Nokia 5110 driver (Modified for ESP8266)
- Youtube API
Sketch (PLEASE SEE COMMENTS): https://gist.github.com/GeorgeBgk/f6d9bd8c03086b5a4f2854b542f2351b
Step 4: Create the Housing
Just print one of the images above (one with the white square is for Nokia 5110) and cut out a hole for the screen, then stick it to the screen
Step 5: Configure Through Web UI
Go to ESP's IP address in browser and start customizing!
Step 6: Enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.