Arduino is an amazing machine. This project is just one of the many. You can build your project as per the instructable or expand into more functions if you want.
We will construct a fully-interactive arduino powered alarm clock.
Here is a video of the alarm clock:
The alarm clock has the following functions:
1. Displays the time and date
2. User adjustable time and date
3. User settable alarms with various settings "weekday, weekend, daily, once, off", with buzzer and flashy led to wake you up.
4. Remembers its alarm settings even when power is removed.
5. More importantly, a special key that stops the alarm so you can get back to sleep!
6. Use the alarm function to power any shenanigans you want against your sleepy head :)
We will need the following parts:
1. Arduino duenilanove
2. Phi-1 shield kit for arduino
We will need the following tools:
1. A soldering iron. Anything from radioshack will work just fine. I use a set that is $8 with the iron and a few tools including some solder
2. 45 degree cutter for electrical cords, to trim after you're done solder. You can buy one from radioshack or other places.
3. Optional third hand for holding circuit board. I can just lay the board down and solder it
4. Masking tape to hold down parts to be soldered
Let's get started!