Introduction: Arduino Door Lock With Password
In this project I mede an door lock (or box lock) that opens when you enter your password and press "#". The servo turns back to the position it was in after some seconds.
Step 1: PARTS & TOOLS
For this project I used:
* Arduino uno ( http://store.arduino.cc/index.php?main_page=produc... )
* 4x4 matrix keypad, can also use 3x4( http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-4-Matrix-Array-16-Key-... )
* Arduino PCB shield ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prototype-PCB-for-Arduino-... )
* 2x 1k OHM resistors ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Pcs-Carbon-Film-Resisto... )
* 3mm green and red LEDs ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-20-50-100-3mm-Red-G... )
* Male pin header ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/3pcs-40Pin-2-54mm-Male-Hea... )
* Female pin header ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-4PCS-40Pin-Straight-Fe... )
The tools you are going to need:
* Soldering iron
* Soldering paste
* Soldering tin
Step 2: Schematic
Follow the schematic.
Step 3: Solder the Connectors
Solder he connections for the Arduino, kaypad and servo. When you are soldering the connection for the keypad and the servo try not to have it in a place where the programing port on the Arduino UNO touches your soldered places, I did that once and I almost ended up destroying my Arduino because the 5v and the GND got connected together when they touched the programing port.
Step 4: Soldering
Solder the LEDs, resistors and the wires for them, than solder the rest of the wires, try to cut your wires so that they fit nice and smooth on the PCB like shown in the photos.
Step 5: The Door Lock
I mounted my servo on an aluminum plate with an simple lock. unfortunately I did not take any photos when making this but hopefully you will understand how to make it by the photo, its really easy.
Step 6: CODE
Download the code and import libraries. You need to download the 3 Arduino libraries if you don't have them.
THANKS FOR VIEWING!
Ifyou like this project than go check out my channel for more cool projects :)
If you have any questions or tips than post them in the comments.