Introduction: Arduino Robot
DD-9602 is my new robot. It is a robotic arm fixed on mobil base.
It has 4 servomotors and two motors DC to control the base. The robot is controlled from RC controller, but using Arduino we can control also movement on the ground.
I bought the component from HobbyKing and other site.
· DG012-Tank SV (Standard Version) Multi Chassis Kit with Two Rubber Tracks.
· 2X Turnigy TGY-S902 Metal Gear Digital Robot Servo 13kg / 0.14sec / 58g.
· 2X Corona CS238MG Metal Gear Servo 4.6kg/ 22g/ 0.14sec.
· Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver (Mode 2).
· Arduino UNO Rev 3
· Arduino Motor Shield
· robot gripper
· screw, bolts, threaded rods, etc.
Fases to construction:
1. Digital drawing for 3D component .
2. 3D printing.
4. Union of arm with the base.
Step 1: Digital Drawing for 3D Components
I drew the components with Blender and NetFabb to control if there were errors.
You can download this file, if you have some ideas to improve the components, tell me, please!! You are free to change my work.
Step 2: 3D Printing
Step 3: Assembly
You must assemble the chassis following the instructions.
You complete the arm with screw, bolts and threads
rods. Attach the gripper to the arm.
Step 4: Union of the Arm With the Base
The motor shield is connected to a DC motor (motor A: cable red +, cable black -, motor B: viceversa).
The Rx has 6 channel, the first two are connected to Arduino, the others are directly attached to the servo motors.
If you have a question ask me!!!
Step 5: Sketch
Download and improve if you want.
Step 6: The End
For the batteries now i have some problems because they are discharged. In the video you can observe the power pack, it is recycled (INPUT: 100-240V 50/60Hz, OUTPUT: 9V 1A).
if i use only power back the wheels turn without the tracks. In the last video the turned because I also turned on the 6V batteries.
Power for Rx come from Arduino 5V.
Remember the RC control is for model airplanes, not for the arm, consequently, You must set the control to improve the angle of movement.
The robot is complete, I' m not english, I hope that my english is ok and you understand.
Hopefully next month you will get an update.
Step 7: Updating
1) I bought the rechargeable batteries from Amazon.
Only 8 batteries AA to work on the robot and 4 to RC control.
Coming soon: new video.
2) New livrea. Do you like this? video
3) New video out-door: video