This project is to build an Arduino powered robot you can control with your phone. It uses the Arduino 101 for the bluetooth capabilities. I paired it with a seeed motor shield. I can tell it where to go using an app I developed for it.
In this tutorial I will tell you how to build this rover. I will not have all the specific parts so you can choose the motor, chassis, etc. Although I will tell you which ones I recommend for this project. I will try to go into as much detail as I can, but if you get stuck and need help let me know.
In this step the title is pretty self explanatory. I got my parts from random resources but most of them can be found at Radioshack.
1. A pair of good motors. I used the high torque ones from this 20$ Radioshack kit. https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-ro...
2. Arduino101 https://store-usa.arduino.cc/collections/products...
3. Seeed motor shield V2. At Radioshack: https://www.radioshack.com/products/seeed-motor-s...
At the seeed website: https://www.seeedstudio.com/Motor-Shield-V2.0-p-1...
4. Arduino power source you can build or buy https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Battery-Holder-Con...
5. 6v 4x AA battery box if you didn't get the Radioshack motor kit.
5. Programming cable for Arduino https://store-usa.arduino.cc/collections/otherboa...
6. A frame for the robot. I used a wooden box but, you can use anything you can put motors on and an Arduino in.
7. A caster wheel for the robot to swivel on if using two wheels for robot.
8. Some wire to work with.
9. Nuts and bolts to secure Arduino and motors.
1. A computer to program the Arduino with.
2. An android phone.
3. Drill, saw, 3Dprinter, etc for building your own frame. (these are not necessary just recommendations for tools)
4. Wire stripper.