Introduction: Arduino/Android- 28BYJ 48 Stepper Motor Control Using the HC-06
Hello world! Today i made a simple app to turn one 28BYJ 48 stepper motor on and off, it just rotates to one direction. I will make a app to control the curtains of your house next, with the same motor. If you want the source code of the android app just ask! I will ask a very small favor in return. Go to the next step for the Schematic, Parts list & code.
Step 1: Schematic, Code, Parts List & APP
Just wire it up like the Schematic and it should work after uploading the code.
Make sure you disconnect the HC-06 when uploading the code. Other wise the arduino becomes confused.
- Arduino uno, I used the RobotDyn Uno which has 7 analog pins instead of 5.
- HC-06 Bluetooth module.
- 28BYJ 48Stepper motor With the ULN2003 driver board
- Jumper wire set. MM/FF/MF
- Android phone and our APP.
Get the APP on GOOGLE PLAY
To find out how to rename your HC-06 & set PIN + change baud rate. Follow step 2 (optional)
Step 2: How to Change the Name of Your HC-06
What is needed?
1 x USB to TTL microcontroller programmer to connect to your HC-06
How to connect the Programmer?
VCC to VCC
GND to GND
RXD to TX
TXD to RX
Lets get started...
- connect the USB TTL programmer to the HC-06
- Plug in the USB and open up The Arduino IDE
- Open the serial monitor.
- Type "AT" without quotes. You should see a respond in the Serial monitor saying "OK"
- Type "AT+NAMExyz" Sets the module name to “xyz” (Replace xyz with the name you want.) response should be OKsetname.
- Type "AT+PIN1234" Sets the pin to 1234 (replace 1234 with your desired pin) respond should be OKsetPIN For more info on changing baudrate etc. i included a PDF file. Good luck!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.