Introduction: Arduino/Android BLUETOOTH Serial Monitor APP for Arduino Using the HC-06 and ANDROID
Hello world! Today i made a Android app that simply reads values or text that are printed to the arduino serial using the bluetooth module HC-06/05 or any other modules. You don't need to set anything in the arduino code. Just simply Serial.println(); will display the value or text in the android app. You can use it for many things.
Follow the next step for the schematic, example code parts list.
Go to GOOGLE PLAY to download my APP. If you want the source of the app you can contact me.
Step 1: Schematic, Example Code & Parts List.
make sure not to have the bluetooth connected when uploading the code!
- Arduino uno, or any copy will do. i used the RobotDyn Uno.
- Set of jumper wires. MM/FF/MF
- HC-06 Bluetooth module.
- Android Phone.
Follow the next step to find out how to rename your Bluetooth moduleand change baud rate (Optional)
Step 2: How to Change the Name of Your HC-06
What is needed?
1 x USB to TTL microcontroller programmer to connect to your HC-06
How to connect the Programmer?
VCC to VCC
GND to GND
RXD to TX
TXD to RX
Lets get started...
- connect the USB TTL programmer to the HC-06
- Plug in the USB and open up The Arduino IDE
- Open the serial monitor.
- Type "AT" without quotes. You should see a respond in the Serial monitor saying "OK"
- Type "AT+NAMExyz" Sets the module name to “xyz” (Replace xyz with the name you want.) response should be OKsetname.
- Type "AT+PIN1234" Sets the pin to 1234 (replace 1234 with your desired pin) respond should be OKsetPIN For more info on changing baudrate etc. i included a PDF file. Good luck!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.