Hello world! Today i made a app to read any text or value from the serial monitor to your android phone, You can use any sensor that displays values or text.
YOU CAN ADD ANY CODE! NO NEED TO CHANGE THE CODE OF APP!
The app simple reads the text written to the arduino serial monitor and displays it using the HC-06 Bluetooth module. You don't need to setup anything in the arduino code to connect to the APP, you simply connect the Bluetooth module to the TX & RX pins on arduino, upload any code and the app should display the value/text that is written to the serial monitor.
I simply used a example code from The DHT library.YOU NEED THE DHT Library!
Step 1: Schematic, Code, Parts List & APP
Connect everything like the schematic and it should work. Make sure to connect the HC-06 Bluetooth module to 3v
and make sure you add RXD from the HC-06 to TX on arduino, and TXD from the HC-06 to RX on the arduino.
Also make sure not to have the bluetooth connected when uploading the code!
I included the .apk android file.
- Simply download it.
- Then put the .apk file in a folder on your phone, open it and it will install, make sure you have "Install from unknown sources enabled".
- Arduino Uno. Any copy will do! I use the RobotDyn Uno.
- HC-06 Bluetooth Module
- DHT11 Temp & Humidity Sensor.
- Jumper wires Set MM/FF/MF
- Android Phone, and of course the app!
Get the app on GOOGLE PLAY
Follow the next step on how to rename your HC-06. This is optional!
Step 2: How to Change the Name of Your HC-06
What is needed?
1 x USB to TTL microcontroller programmer to connect to your HC-06
How to connect the Programmer?
VCC to VCC
GND to GND
RXD to TX
TXD to RX
Lets get started...
- connect the USB TTL programmer to the HC-06
- Plug in the USB and open up The Arduino IDE
- Open the serial monitor.
- Type "AT" without quotes. You should see a respond in the Serial monitor saying "OK"
- Type "AT+NAMExyz" Sets the module name to “xyz” (Replace xyz with the name you want.) response should be OKsetname.
- Type "AT+PIN1234" Set the pin to 1234 (replace 1234 with your desired pin) respond should be OKsetPIN For more info on changing baudrate etc. i included a PDF file. Good luck!