Keeping those drinks within reach but also safe from spilling, I designed this Armchair Cup Tray.
Then I saw this Pin and I designed the Cup Tray to also fit across my bath.
Step 1: Concept, Parts & Tools
Most of my furniture is made from Oak, but for some time, I wanted to make something with Wenge. Mixing the two woods into one design creates a nice color contrast.
Parts - Materials
* 6mm or 8mm Triplex or similar Plywood : 190mm * 782mm
* 0.15 m2 of Wenge floorboards
* two pieces of 190 mm * 35 mm * 9mm Oak
* two pieces of 800 mm * 70 mm * 9mm Oak
Tip : if the parts are not cut accurately, just have them a bit larger. We will trim them down to exact measures using the router, yielding very smooth cuts.
Wood glue and Wood oil
* Saw (jigsaw and optionally crosscut)
* Sander (Belt-sander and/or Orbital sander)