Introduction: Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken and Rice) 15 Minute Meal
Have you ever tried to make Spanish rice and you were unsuccessful? Well this Mexican girl is going to let the cat outta the bag and give ya the easiest recipe. Add a little chicken to the pot and there you have it a meal that takes about 15 minutes.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Instant rice
- chicken bouillon
- tomato bouillon
- garlic powder, or minced
- season salt
- vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breast
- flour or corn tortillas
- cilantro (optional)
- lime (optional)
Step 2: Making It All Happen
- First pour enough oil into a stock pot to cover the bottom of your pan and turn on a medium heat.
- Chunk up your chicken and dump into hot oil, sprinkle on some season salt and give it a quick stir
- Pour in desired amount of rice I did 3cups (remember that you will put equal liquid to rice)
- Stir it around until all rice is coated with oil, you are just going to basically let your rice heat up bit, don't let it burn!
- While that is going in the pot measure out however many cups of HOT water to equal your cups of rice, mine was 3 cups. In a bowl or large measuring cup add your spices to your water. Now I don't really do conventional measuring with this dish so I apologize. And it is all going to depend on how big or small to are making this dish, you will have to adjust accordingly.
- Add about 2 large spoonfuls of the tomato bouillon, about the same for the chicken bouillon, I used minced garlic and did 1 small spoonful ( don't be afraid of the garlic, dump it in!), sprinkle cumin in (cumin is what gives all Mexican food that distinct flavor), Now stir it up. It should be a dark red orange color and if you want to make sure all the spices are enough just take a taste of the liquid it should taste exactly how your rice will taste. If you need to tweak it go for it.
- Pour that into your pot and stir around, put the lid on it and turn to heat to a medium, medium low.
- DO NOT KEEP STIRRING. just leave it alone for about 7-8 minutes and then you will start to see the water level go down. Then take the lid off give one quick stir around pulling everything up from the bottom, then put your lid back on and wait about another 7ish minutes and when practically all the water is gone turn your heat off and take it of the burner. let is sit for a couple minutes and now it should be ready to eat.
- Serve on a flour or corn tortilla, top with cilantro and a squeeze of lime
- If you want just Spanish rice do the same thing just omit the chicken
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.