Legolas is my favourite character in Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit and this is a replica arrow I made of the ones Legolas carries in The Lord of the Rings movies. Note that this isn't designed for real archery. For display purposes only.
This arrow is quite large compared to my height because I wanted it to be elven size :D
Step 1: Materials
• Dowel rod 8mm x 900mm (can get from any hardware store)
• Silver, gold and dark green paint
• Gold wire
• knife to carve the wood dowel and shape the feather
• 1 long yellow turkey feather - the one I had was 30cm and I managed to get all 3 arrow tails from it (You may need 2 feathers depending on the size and shape of the feather)
• Strong glue (I use super glue because I'm impatient)
• Plenty of reference pictures.