It is up to you to decide how the robot draws best! Good luck!
Step 1: Materials
- Cup (one you don't mind gluing/taping things to)
- Glue gun / sticks
- Markers (thin size, washable)
- Popsicle sticks (at least 6)
- Foam tape / foam
- DC toy motor*
- Battery pack*
- Poster board
- Cork or styrofoam ball
- Electrical tape
- Optional: Additional craft materials to decorate your robot
* I used parts from my science room at school. I do not know the models I used, or for sure what the voltage was of the battery pack. The battery pack I used had 3xAA batteries. Therefore, it is believed that the voltage was 4.5v.
Step 2: Prepping the Weight
I recommend that you use some sort of thick styrofoam, like the type that pencil grips are made of. I actually ripped up a pencil grip for my foam. If you are using foam tape, you still may want to hot glue. The vibrating of the machine may very well cause the motor to fly off using only tape.