Introduction: Arty Chicken Barbarian Pesto Pizza
The never ending combinations that sit so well atop the Cheezzy Parmesan Bread. This particular fusion pizza would make Columbus proud the discovery.
Step 1: Ingredients
You would swear you're in Italy at first bite. This Barbarian variation is heavy in authentic flavor. While still keeping it's So Cal cool. My respect for pesto is only reinforced with this mouthy tasty slice of old world.
- 3 each ounces shredded Sargento Artisan Blends Whole Milk Mozzarella
- 4 each tablespoons Rana Basil Pesto
- 2 each ounces chopped Roland Marinated Artichoke Quarters
- 4 each ounces thinly sliced Herbed Chicken Knocker
- 2 each slices Cheezzy Parmesan Bread
- 1 each tablespoon diced Pimentos
- 1 each tablespoon chopped fresh Basil
Step 2: Instructions
When evenly spreading the pesto and shredded mozzarella cheese leave a small border approximately 1/4 inch from the edge. When the cheese melts it'll cover this area without flowing over the edge.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees 10 minutes.
- In under oven toast 2 each slices Cheezzy Parmesan Bread to golden brown (approximately 5 to 7 minutes).
- Set aside Cheezzy Parmesan Bread and allow to cool 3 minutes.
- On each slice apply 2 each tablespoons Rana Basil Pesto evenly spread.
- Then evenly layer 1 each ounce shredded Sargento Artisan Blends Whole Milk Mozzarella to each piece (Keep 1 each ounce shredded mozzarella cheese for final topping).
- On top cheese place 2 each ounces thinly sliced Herbed Chicken Knocker to cover each piece.
- Next top chicken with 1 each ounce chopped Roland Marinated Artichoke Quarters per slice.
- Add 1/2 each ounce shredded mozzarella cheese over artichokes.
- Garnish each slice with 1/2 each tablespoon diced Pimentos.
- Place on baking pan and carefully load on top oven rack.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes at 475 degrees or until preferred doneness.
- Turn off oven and carefully remove baking pan.
- Slice and final garnish with 1 each tablespoon chopped fresh Basil.
Step 3: Chicken Into Thin Slices
Really try to cut your chicken slices thin to win. If you prefer to give the artichokes a bigger role in this masterpiece leave them as whole quarters especially if you love arty's like I do.
Step 4: Baking Rack
I generally use a baking rake over my oven pan but it's not always necessary. What is always necessary is to remember 475 degrees is hot so take care loading and removing baking pan.
Step 5: Out of Oven and Ready to Cut and Serve!
Remove from oven and place on cutting board
Step 6: DONE!
This turned out better then it looks. Tasted fantastic and easy to replicate like all my recipes. Pull this one out to impress but careful you might be setting expectations high when your love ones get their mitts on this.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.