Introduction: Arduino-Android RC Vacuum Cleaner "Asepsis 1.0"
"Cleanliness and order are not a matter of instinct, they are a matter of education; and you must cultivate a taste for them."<br> - Benjamin Disraeli
Asepsis 1.0 is a hybrid between an RC Car and a Vacuum Cleaner and our Team has designed it to maximize convenience and reduce effort. Another word for cleanliness, Asepsis signifies a clean, germ-free environment in homes and offices.
After our Prime Minister - Mr. Narendra Modi launched 3 main campaigns in our nation, we decided to make our piece of contribution by combining Swachh Bharat [Clean India], Digital India and 'Make in India' campaigns. "Asepsis" focuses on easier cleaning, by the touch of a button.
Step 1: THE COMPONENTS.
- Arduino Board
- HC05 Bluetooth
- Motors 200 RPM
- Android Phone or another trigger device
- Jumper Wires
- Batteries : 6F22 9V
- Nuts, Screws and Misc.
- Android App used : Arduino RC
Step 2: THE CIRCUIT.
-- Image of circuit has been attached. --
Step 3: THE CODE;
-- Code has been attached here --
Step 4: THE BODY.
- After you have assembled the robot, it is time to give it a structure.
- In our case, we had used a lunchbox to put in the circuit, attaching up a dustbin, vacuum cleaner and case later on.
- Other counterparts can be created using dustbins, boxes, shoeboxes etc.
Step 5: THE GALLERY.
-- This section contains snapshots of our robot, and also a live demonstration of its functioning. --
Step 6: THE PLAN.
Asepsis 1.0 is just an initial prototype of our planned project. A list of features that are already present in the robot, or planned for its future updates are :
- An android interface where the robot can be accessed and controlled from.
- A vacuum dustbin on the top of the robot which has Sonic Sensors, that detect any trash thrown at it, pulling it down by itself.
- A vacuum cleaner attached beneath the robot, which cleans the floor as it moves over it.
- Ability to clean the whole house, triggered by one command from the phone.
- A special Android App just for accessing "Asepsis".
- A few more of our ideas will be revealed with our upcoming additions to the idea.