Introduction: Asian/Mexican Fusion Mini Burritos
This delicious & low calorie Asian-Mexican fusion mini burrito/spring roll recipe is a great quick option for lunch, dinner, or even snack options at work or at home. These mini burritos taste great cold so you can quickly prepare the meat fillings on mealprep day then store in the fridge for up to a week. Simply pack some meat fillings and two dry rice papers with you to work then make these rolls/burritos fresh for lunch. If you feel too tired to cook for dinner after a long day at work, then this recipe is a great lazy day dinner option. Pair them with some tasty avocado, tomato, lime salad on the side. If cilantro doesn't taste soapy to you (my husband is cursed with said affliction), then top the salad with some cilantro as well.
Calorie and Macro for 2 mini burritos/spring rolls (8 rolls total): 207 calories, 2 F, 23C, 2 fiber, 3 sugars, 26 P
To increase calorie for bulking:
1. Use 80/20 ground beef
2. Cook the filling in 1 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
3. Add in dry rice to the ground meat at the beginning of the recipe
4. Add in full fat shredded cheese when you make the burritos/spring rolls
5. Pair the burritos/rolls with refried beans instead of salad
400 g ground turkey (chicken, beef, any other meat is fine) Lemon juice from 1 large lemon 2 large bell pepper chopped 1 large onion chopped Store bought taco seasoning OR salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes, cumin seeds Water or chicken broth 8 dry rice papers
Optional: salad mix (lettuce mix, 1 lime juiced, 2 large tomatoes, 2 oz avocado chopped)
1. Brown ground turkey with lime juice and taco seasoning/homemade mix at medium high heat.
2. Add bell peppers, onions, and water to barely cover. Season one last time with taco seasoning or homemade mix.
3. Simmer for 15 min, cool, then store in the fridge for later.
4. Whenever you ready for your snack time or meal time, use warm water to wet 2 rice papers, use the pre-made filling to make into 2 mini burritos/rolls, and serve with a side salad.
For more quick and easy recipes below:
Check out my other health/fitness/recipe videos here: https://www.youtube.com/c/getfitwithmindynow