Today, I show you how to make a blade launcher. Thought its funnier than a throwing knife :>
(Throwing knife next time!)
Step 1: Tools and Material
- Rotary tool (drill bits and cutting wheel)
- Files, round and flat + some sanding paper for the fine tune
- Soldering iron 50W or higher
- Soldering grease and soldering wire
- Brass U section, 2-3mm space inside the U
- Brass sheet, 2mm (for the stabilizing plates on the rail)
- Brass tube (string guide)
- Steel or nylon string
- Ring (trigger ring for the finger)
- Aluminum sheet (4mm or 5, for the lock-mech and cover plate)
- Aluminum sheet 0.5 to 1mm (for the top cover)
- Small spring (lock mech)
- M3 screws (for the slide and lock mech)
- Scrap leather or deco foil (bought my leather scraps on ebay for 5 bucks)
- Spacers (for the cover-plate,can be made of brass tubing also)
- Leather straps / belts (from ebay)
- Teraband gold (or black)
Step 2: First Steps
1. Fabricate a knife from an old blade or scrap metal (can be made of Alu as well, its just a toy)
2. Cut the U-section, 3/4 of your forearm will be just perfect, minus 1cm, even better
3. Cut 2 plates and put solder on them, as shown in the video, then solder them to the U-section
4. Attach the Teraband strap to the jig (will show in a seperate video how to do this!)
5. Solder a piece of tubing (bend towards your ring-finger) to the outer rail
Step 3: ...some More Steps....
6. Lock mech: Print, draw the outlines on the Alu sheet, cut out, file edges, and put them on a plate as shown
7. Fabricate a slide from Brass or Alu, one screw in the center, another one on the side as shown.
8. Place and attach the lock-plate on the rails (where ever it meets your lock-screw on your slide !)
Step 4: ...more Stepe...
9. Cut out 2 Alu-plates (or brass)
10. Attach leather-belts to the plates, plates to rails, where ever they feel best when you have it on your arm.
11. Drill a hole in the ring (or make a ring from tubing / bend a ring, strapof brass will do).
12. Attach a piece of string to the ring, the other end to the trigger-lever. Has to be long enough, but not too long ^^
Step 5: ....even More Steps!
13. Fabricate a cover-plate, matching the length of your rails
14. Two holes in the front, one in the rear, to mount it on therails. Make sure the screws/spacers are not in the way.
Step 6: Ready to Fire !
Ready to test-fire. For the cover, check out vide number 2. Your taste might be different than mine ^^ if you like
my cover, it will be easy to copy, if you made it so far!