Introduction: Atlantic Salmon Grill With Improvised Salsa
This recipe is part two of a two part meal featuring the freshest taste of the Earth and the sea. Here, we marry the amazing freshness of Atlantic salmon with the exciting vivid taste of a improvised salsa sauce of tomato, bell pepper, and sunflower seed. On top of that, we join this recipe with a playful "mushroom burger" to seal the deal.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Atlantic salmon fillet
- fresh basil leaves
- black and white pepper
- chili pepper
- olive oil and butter
Step 2: How to Remove Scales
Step 3: Prepping and Seasoning
- Have a few leaves of basil, a chili pepper, and garlic ready on the side
- on the skin side of the salmon, make a few shallow cuts across the skin.
- for both side, season and rub in the pepper, thymes, oregano, black and white pepper, and salt
Step 4: Grilling (browning)
In a hot pan:
- pour in 3 tbsp of olive oil
- once the oil is hot, place the salmon skin side down, let it grill to a slightly crisp texture
- flip to the other side and grill until lightly browned
Step 5: Grilling (poêlée)
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in the same pan, flip the salmon to skin-side down, turn to medium-low heat
- add in the garlic, basil leaves, and chili
- to do a proper poêlée, slightly tilt the pan so that the oil meets on one side. Move the spices to the lower side while placing the salmon on the other side. Use a spoon to scoop the oil up and drizzle over the salmon. Repeat this step multiple times (~3 - 5 minutes).
- Then, place the spices on top of the salmon, and scoop the grease on top of the spice to wash that flavor down to the salmon, repeat a few times.
- Remove from heat.
Step 6: Finishing Up
- Place some salsa in plate first (see part one), and then place the salmon on top of that
- Drizzle some lime juice over the salmon
- Serve immediately alongside the mushroom burger (part one).