I made this at Techshop in SF!
Step 1: Supplies
- 6 Acrylic or Wood Tiles for Bracelet (see next step)
- 2 Clasps
- 9mm Jump Rings
- Needle Nose Pliers
Step 2: Designing Your Tiles
- Make a rectangle with curved corners that is 2 inches by 1 inch.
- Place a circle in each corner that is about .09 inches in diameter. Don't put them too close to the edge or it will cut off the shape.
- Decide on your symbol. I was messing around and clicked on the "Symbol Sprayer Tool" and looked through the symbols.
- I chose "Atom 1" from the "Mad Science" symbol library.
- I deleted off all the extra junk, leaving just the lines of the atom by "Expand" and "Ungroup." Or, if given the option, "Break Link to Symbol" and "Make Clipping Mask."
- When Left with your image, make it white.
- Meanwhile, make another rounded edge rectangle that has a fill of black and a white line, or no line. Line that up in the center of the other rectangle. Mine was 1.72 inches by .86 inches.
- Make your shape fit within the black rectangle without going outside it.
- I set mine up like this so that the image would be what isn't etched so it would stick out more.
- Send it to the laser cut it and cut out how many you need.