Well i have made the solution!!! Make your own multi-splitter!
A History first...I am a proffessional driver as i am sure most of my subscribers know, and i wanted to keep all of my audio devices attached to my in-tractor stereo system...one of these is my computer which i plug in because i cannot hear it over my APU (Auxillery Power Unit) which also controls my HVAC to keep me cool while i sleep after a long days drive...thats where i came up with this life hack...i searched instructables for hours (like i usually do before starting a project) to find out if anyone has attempted such a feat...AANNDD UNFORTUNATELY (JUST like my popular and debatable scentsy bar project (which can be found here https://www.instructables.com/id/MaKe-YoUr-OwN-sCeNtScY-bArS/ ), there wasnt anything in existence to go off of...i mean there is, but not for the type audio splitter i was looking for...so i decided to take a splitter that i was already using, and one i had just lying around and made this ible!!
Step 1: Materials
1) 2 headset splitters (preferably belkin as i am not sure what other types use actual copper wire or signal wire)
2) A pair of scissors
3) A multi-tool/pliars/etc for possible tight spots
4) Electrical Tape
5) Electrical Shrink Tubing a size that tightens down snug on the joint itself and a size just a little bigger than that to cover the rest)
6) A lighter for the shrink tubes
Step 2: Cut and Split the Splits
now you will take the male end of the splitter, and strip the wires. leave a little color so you can match channel to channel.
after stripping the male end of the splitter, you will now strip all 4 female ends of the splitter, again, leaving a little of color to match channel to channel.
Step 3: Splicing
Now, splice the female ends together 2x2...this mean you will splice 2 female ends to each other to create 2 double splits.
After you splice the 2 female doubles, you will take one of the doubles and splice it to the male end, matching channels of course.
Take a piece of electrician's tape, and wrap it around the splice separating the channels...this does 2 things...eliminates interference from channels touching each other, and adds a little strength. At this point i should mention, that using a lineman's splice along with solder would make for a WAY better connection, BUT i have not the supplies on my truck to solder anythin, so i had to settle for just e-tape...
now take your first tube of shrink tube and slide it onto the splice. it WILL be tight, but this is how you want it to be. now test the connections in a device you can split with. if it works, then shrink the tubing with the lighter. if it dont work, then re-splice the connections. after shrinking the tubing, re-verify that the connections are stable. if they are, then slide the second section of tubing over the first and shrink it down on the connection. and re-test the joint...it should still be fine, but hey, you never know.
Now that have gotten home on some well deserved and well needed home time, I have had a chance to re-connect the connections of the wires. This time, I had soldered the connections. Before i soldered the connections, the sound decided (after a little while) had loosened a little bit, so a tug on the cords would have cleared the sound a little...HOWEVER, I found that when i soldered and re-shrink tubed the connections that the sound was as clear as the time before I severed the original wires. Of course this would be natural as the connections are more stable cause of the solder. You can see the pictures on this step at the end. the rest of the process is the same, just soldered instead.
Step 4: Second Set of Splices
Step 5: Finished!!!
as a final check, you should test out all 4 connections to see if they all work. if so, enjoy!!
As all of you can see this Ible has been entered into the Hack it challenge, and the hands on learning challenge
Hack It Challenge: This project was entered here because i got sick of not having what i needed for my audio splitting needs in my tractor-trailor, so i decided to venture out and make my own...and it WORKS...
Hands On Learning Challenge: This project also carries the ability to teach how electricity flows, and can be directed, as well as split off, and still work the same as the original "device". it also demonstrates how to splice your own connections if ever needed. (in my case it was!! lol)