(note: due to missing camera, the pictures used are not made by me.)
Step 1: Step 1: Mise En Place
- about 250 gr. of pasta.
- 2 eggs
- 150 gr pancetta (italian bacon)
- olive oil(it is important that it is a good olive oil, because it will affect the taste alot.)
- 2 shallots (this is not one of the original ingredients of pasta carbonara, but it makes it taste a bit fresher)
- some parsley(around 4 tsp)
- around 120 gr. pecorino and/or parmesan cheese
- ground pepper and salt
Step 2: Step 2: Eggs and Cheese
Then mix the egg yolk with the cheese.
Step 3: Step 3 : Cooking
Then add the pasta and let it cook for about 8 minutes. then take one out to check if the pasta is done. (the best way is to bite it.)
If not, let it boil for another minute or 2, and check again.
In the meantime, cut the bacon and shallots into small bits and fry them in olive oil.
When the bacon is done, add the parsley to the frying pan and stir it for about 30 seconds.
Step 4: Step 4: Finish
now add the shalots, bacon and parsley, again mix it.
Last, add the egg/cheese mix to the hot pasta, and yet again, mix it.
Serve directly after adding eggs and cheese.
Note: squeezing just a little bit of orange juice over the pasta will take the bitter edge off the cheese.