Step 4: Water Storage & Food Prep Group
These items were included to provide containers for water storage and sterilization and to prepare hot food it you're stranded for an extended period of time. The Nalgene bottle and canteen are kept full of water most of the time until the temperatures stay below freezing. The canteen cup and the metal graniteware cup can both be used to melt snow for drinking water or to make coffee or tea.
1. 32 oz (1000 ml) Nalgene water bottle.
2. 1L Swiss Army canteen. I chose this canteen because it came nested in an aluminum cup and it fits nicely in the side pocket of the backpack.
3. Metal graniteware coffee cup.
4. French military surplus 3 piece mess kit. Look at the next photo to see what is stored inside.
5. 1 quart collapsible plastic water bottle. This bottle takes up very little space in the pack when it is collapsed. This container can be used to treat drinking water or for a urine bottle so you don't have to get out of the car during inclement weather. Just don't forget what you used it for!
6. Lite My Fire plastic combo spoon spork.