Introduction: Automate a Fan Using MESH Temperature Sensor
Are you tired of switching your fan "On" and "Off"? What if your fan was automated and customizable based on your favorite temperature settings? We’ve built an automated fan using MESH Temperature & Humidity , Wemo and If This Then That (“IFTTT”).
- Launch the MESH app (Available on Android and iOS).
- Setup MESH Temperature & Humidity to detect a specific temperature change.
- Link MESH Temperature & Humidity to Wemo applets on IFTTT.
- Launch and enjoy your automated fan.
As always, you can get MESH blocks on our website at 5% off with discount code MAKERS00 as a thank you for checking out our Instructable, and get more information about MESH blocks here.
Step 1: Ingredients
Step 2: Prepare MESH App and IFTTT
- Launch the MESH application and pair the MESH Temperature & Humidity tag (Link to Google Play and iTunes).
- Sign up for IFTTT and activate MESH on your account.
- On IFTTT open the MESH channel and use the IFTTT key from the MESH app to activate and link the MESH channel on your IFTTT account.
- Connect the Wemo socket: open your wemo app, go to more, Generate IFTTT Pin , then tap the connect button.
- On the IFTTT website activate the Wemo applets for turning "On" and "Off" your Wemo smart plug.
Step 3: Create the Recipe in the MESH App.
- Drag two MESH Temperature & Humidity icons and two Wemo Smart Plug icons onto the canvas in the MESH app.
Connect each MESH Temperature & Humidity icon to a corresponding Wemo Smart Plug icon.
Wemo Smart Plug icon settings:
1- Tap each Wemo Smart Plug icon to set the turn On/Off function.
2-Activate Your Wemo Smart Plug following the instructions on the screen.
3- On the first Wemo Smart Plug icon choose Turn On.
4- On the second Wemo Smart Plug icon choose Turn Off.
MESH Temperature & Humidity icon settings:
1-Tap each MESH Temperature & Humidity icon to set the "Change Temperature" function.
2- On the first Temperature & Humidity icon, choose the temperature range from 20c to 50c and then connect it to the Wemo Smart Plug icon on the MESH canvas.
3- Tap on Wemo Smart Plug and choose "Turn on".
4-On the second Temperature & Humidity icon, choose the temperature range from 0c to 19.9c and then connect it to the Wemo Smart Plug icon on the MESH canvas.
5- Tap on Wemo Smart Plug and choose "Turn off".
- In the MESH app, the temperature is in Celsius in this project, but you can switch to Farenheit.
Step 4: Test, Run, and Enjoy!
It's complete! Now it's your turn to make your own automated fan using MESH Temperature and Humidity. Share your idea with us by using hashtag #meshprj
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.