Introduction: Automatic Cooling Chair : No More Grilling Your Butt!!!
Hello, everyone!!! Summer project again.
Working during hot day is nightmare, especially when your seat is too hot. This project will solve this problem.
Cooling chair keeps you cool with 3 blowers which will turn off automatically when you are out of the seat. So you don't have to worry about forgetting to turn it off.
Step 1: Materials
- 2x 10K ohm resistors
- 1x MOSFET IRF540N
- 1x 2N3906 PNP Transistor
- 1x IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module
- 1x Micro B USB Breakout Board
- 90 degree Pin Header
- 1x 6Pin Push Tactile Power Micro Switch Self lock On/Off button Latching switch 7x7mm
- 3x Dupont wire F-F
- 3x Brushless DC Cooling Blower Fan 2 Wires 5015S 12V 0.14A 50x15mm
- 1x SKÅLBERG chair from IKEA
- 1x M3 x 10 mm screw
- 2x M3 x 15 mm screws
- 3D Printed Parts
Basic tools such as screwdrivers, drill, utility knife, etc. Soldering tools
Step 2: Prepare Perfboard
- Cut out a piece of 14*20 dots from perfboard.
- Drill two 7/64" holes. (see the positions of the holes in the pictures)
An easy way to cut the perfboard is to score both sides with utility knife and snap it.
Step 3: Prepare Components
- Cut out 1 piece of 1x3 pin and 3 pieces of 1x2 pin
- Bend IR Emitter LED and IR Receiver in to 90° angles.
Step 4: The Circuit
Put and solder all components on the perfboard. (see more details in pictures)
You can use components' legs as wires.
The graphic pictures are not exactly 100% accurate, so please also see the actual pictures.
Step 5: Adjust Detection Distance
- Connect IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module to power source without connect OUT pin.
- Turn distance adjust knob (CCW decreases distance, CW increases distance) until obstacle LED bright when obstacle is detected at the right distance (for me about 2-3 cm)
Step 6: Put Circuits in the Boxes
Put IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module and the circuit in 3D printed cover then fasten screws securely. (see more details in pictures)
Step 7: Wiring
Connect blowers and IR module to main circuit and (see more details in pictures) and stick foam tape.
Step 8: Install
- Stick all parts to the chair. (more details in pictures) and neaten wires.
- Connect USB cable to Cooling module and power source (For me is power bank)
- Turn it on and no more grilling your butt ; P
Step 9: One More Thing...
- Thank you for visiting.
If you like this project, please vote me : ) and don't forget to follow my Youtube Channel and my instructables.