Introduction: Automatic Led Stairs Lighting Arduino Shield
✔ Up to 24 stairs setup availability.
✔ Fade out effect. PWM modulation.
✔ Can be connected wirelessly with more than 20 of the leading home automation controllers on the market.
✔ Ready to use sketch .
✔ Combined with Mysensors lib. (can be included as relay, in this case no light sensor needed, just create a Day/Night scene inside your home controller)
How i did it..
First ,you need to get ASL shield.
Here is the link for all source files.
Once you get it, follow step by step instruction :
1. Follow the
schematic sketch bellow to wire it up.
2. Download and install Mysensor-master(optional) and ShiftPWM -master libraries to Arduino IDE:
3. Download a sketch .
( Two options: choose sketch 'ForASLMysensorInkluded' or 'ForASLOnlyLightSensor' for controlling
4. Edit code : Set number of stairs, pause between on/off, check your sensors type, adjust photocell
sensitivity (if using)
5. Upload the code to Arduino Nano.
6. Insert Arduino to ASL Shield.
7. Insert NRF24L01+ modul . ( optional )
8. Set Mysensors plugin to including mode. ( optional )
8. Power up ASL Shield.
( optional - means you can skip this step ,if ‘ForASLOnlyLightSensor.ino’ sketch is used )
ASL shield needs Mysensors Gataway to comunicate with your home controller. If you do not have such, please visit www.mysensors.org
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
Nice write up :)
Few questions to clarify a newbie.
1. On the drawing, it mentions 24 channels, 12V Max 2.5A. Is 12V 2.5A per channel of LED's?
2. What is the spec of the Light sensor? Do you have a part #?
3. What is the spec of the PIR sensor? Do you have a part #?
1. yes , per channel.(according to mosfet spec.)