How i did automated led lighting stairs with an integration to home controller network.
The benefit - light sensor is not needed,
Day/Night scene of controller is doing this job.
First ,you need to assemble ASL arduino shield.
How to make this:
Follow the link to find : BOM, Design Files and Source Code for Arduino.
Once you get it, follow step by step instruction :
1. Follow schematic sketch bellow (step3) to wire it up.
2. Download and install Mysensor and ShiftRegister74HC595 libraries to Arduino IDE:
3. Edit code :Set number of stairs,pause between on/off,check your sensors type, adjust photocell sensitivity (if using..)
4. Upload the code to Arduino Nano.
5. Insert Arduino to ASL Shield.
6. Insert NRF24L01+ modul .
7. Set Mysensors plugin to including mode.
8. Power up ASL Shield.