In this instructable I will show how to make an automatic tissue dispenser with basic parts and WITHOUT ARDUINO OR ANY OTHER MICROCONTROLLER , so there is no programming involved, just basic circuitry.
To operate the machine you just need to place your hand in front of the sensor and it will dispense tissue paper SO NO NEED TO TOUCH.
We can also make this project with Arduino to make it a little more smarter, so I have also shown how to make one with an Arduino.
The only advantage of using Arduino is that it will only supply a limited quantity of tissue, but it will consume a lot of power.
And before we start have a look at the video
UPDATED 20/2/2016:- scematics uploaded
Step 1: Video
Step 2: Materials
- infrared sensor (the eyes of the machine)
- 20 rpm geared motor (hands)
- some jumper wires(nerves)
- 9v battery(food)
- 9v battery clip
- L239D motor driver ( brain)
- Tissue paper roll
- a box about
- double sided foam tape (I suggest 3M)
- few zip ties
- a pencil or a any rod similar to pencil
- a motor wheel
Step 3: Some Specifications and Features
2- all electronics protected with a water proof bag, as to prevent damage from steam and water.
3- compact, small and looks nice
4- cost without arduino is about 5$
Step 4: Connections
- place the ic on center of breadboard.
- connect PIN number 4,5,12,13 of l239d with GND (negative terminal of 9volt battery)
- PIN number 1&8 to positive terminal of 9 volt battery
- PIN number 3 & 6 to motor pins
-vcc to positive terminal
-GND to negative terminal
- out to pin 2 of l239d
Step 5: Making the Box
1) make to small holes on the left corner where the motor has to be attached and fix the motor with help of zipties as shown in the picture.
2) attach the breadboard with tape and make to holes on the front side for the IR sensors
3) put the ir sensor through the holes and attach with tape
4)now take the wheel and take out the rubber part. Put the remaining part in the roll as shown in the picture. If not fits then cut a bit.
5) attach the roll to the motor through the wheel and for support put the pencil from the other end as shown in the picture.
6)make a slot for the switch and fix it there
And we are done with the project
Hope you enjoy making this project