This Instructible details the design and construction of Autumn's Light, a fall faerie themed quartz topped staff, complete with 3D printed parts and plenty of LED awesomeness!
The LED controller has several key features:
- Many modes to choose from including Fire, Storm, Water, Earth, and a variety of rainbow and sparkle effects
- Adjustable brightness (from barely visible to beacon bright!)
- Momentary brightness Boost (with multiple boost buttons!)
- "Photo Mode" which freezes the animation of the LEDs if the brightness UP and boost button are pressed together, and keeps it frozen as long as the boost is pressed.
- Rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery (with USB charging!)
There are Four major parts to the project:
- Sourcing: Where to get this stuff!
- Design: The 3D modeling and design work that went into the staff, as well as the electronics work, and code to run the LEDs.
- Construction: The assembly of the 3D parts onto the stick.
- Decoration: Taking it from some bits of wood and plastic to a proper costume item!