If you love sandwiches, and want something different (but still highly delicious!), then this recipe could be very suitable for you. It is delicious yet very easy to prepare. This recipe contains avocado, which has lots of benefits. I chose whole grain bread instead of white bread to make it a low Glycemic Index (GI) recipe, which lasts you longer through the morning, and not leave you hungry after a couple of hours. But feel free to substitute with white bread if you so prefer.
Makes 1 serving
* 1 slice whole grain/whole wheat/multi-grain bread
* 1 piece cheese single
* half ripe avocado
* 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
* 1 baby tomato
* black pepper to taste
1. Place cheese single on top of the slice of bread and toast in the oven for 5-8 mins at 190°C.
2. Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl, and mash using a fork. Add lemon juice.
3. Spread avocado lemon mixture on the toasted bread, and top it with tomato halves.
4. Season with black pepper to taste.
Visit www.yokebakery.com for more recipes and craft tutorials! :)