My next instructable would be about creating a 2 tone stencil, but this one's about printing.
Step 1: Materials
1. 2 layers stencil - you can buy some designs in a store, or you can make it yourself. I made mine out of Velum cut with a craft knife - it's good material, easy to clean and easy to cut.
2. Spray adhesive - I used Blair 82490Blair 82490 cause it's what I had, but if you are buying this to print t-shirts get one that a little less tacky and isn't permanent.
3. Discharge paste (optional) Discharge paste is bleach in a paste that takes off some of the dye of the fabric, I love printing with it cause it never comes of in the laundry or create a crust on the shirt. However, because it takes dye off, it can only used on non white fabric. If you are printing a white T shirt, you don't need this and can use 2 colors of paint instead.
I use Dharma discharge pasteDharma discharge paste and I'm really happy with it
4. Fabric painting medium - this is basically a glue that make sure that paint stick to fabric. I use Golden GAC 900Golden GAC 900 and I get good results with it.
5. Acrilic paints in colors of your choice
6. a plate or a small container to mix paint in.
7. T shirt (or shirts, dresses, skirts - whatever you want to print on)
8. An iron with a steam option (you will use both steam and non steam option for this.