Introduction: Awesome Garlic Lemon Chicken
Who doesn't love Garlic Lemon Chicken? In this video, Chrissy shows you her awesome recipe for this favorite dish.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Boneless Chicken Breast (5 were used in the video, adjust to your family size)
- Fresh Lemons (will use zest from the peel and the juice. 1/3-1/2 cup of juice for 5 breasts. 2Tbs Zest)
- Fresh Garlic Cloves (1 whole garlic yielded 9 cloves and was perfect amount for 5 breasts)
- Cayenne Pepper (Added per taste... I like a slight kick on mine)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- White Onion (one small ringed)
- Oregano (1-1/2 to 2 Tbs)
- Chicken Bullion/Stock (I use 2 cubes added to one cup of water)
- Butter (2 Tbs)
- Vegetable or Olive Oil (about 1/4 - 1/2 cup... just enough to cover the bottom of the pan for a quick browning)
PS White Wine makes a nice upgrade from the Chicken Bullion if you have it available.
Step 2: Preperation
- Add the oil and butter to your skillet and melt the butter. You want to use just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan, you aren't deep frying these.
- Season the chicken on one side with salt, pepper, and a little cayenne pepper then add them to the hot oil.
- Cook the chicken on both sides just enough to brown it. You don't need to cook them all the way through because we are going to finish them in the oven.
- When browned, remove the chicken. We will now make the sauce with the juices that are left in the pan.
- Add the ringed onion to the skillet and lightly saute them. Remove from pan and set aside when done.
- Turn the temp to low and add the chopped garlic to the pan. You want to roast the garlic slightly, but not burn it.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan to deglaze it
- Add the lemon zest and oregano to the pan and mix in
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and let simmer for a minute
- Remove the sauce from the stove and pour half of it into your baking dish
- Layer the onions on the bottom of the baking pan. These will serve as a bed for the chicken to set on.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top of the onions and pour the remaining sauce and onions on top.
- Garnish with a little fresh lemon.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 20 mins.
Step 3: Enjoy!
I usually serve this dish with rice and a green veggie on the side.