So hello. In this tutorial I will show, how to build the weapons of Axel ( from Kingdom hearts) for cosplay.
Step 1: LetÂ´s begin...
First you need some stuff to build them^^
Stuff you need ( for both Chakrams):
· 4 X Sticks out of wood (Length: ca. 12 inch ; bore: Not important you should be able to grab it.^^)
· 8X Circles of styrofoam (caliber: ca. 8 inch)
· Printer paper (it should be pretty thick cause we will made the blades out of them. And they will be hollow inside.)
· A lot of old newspapers
· Wire ( for the external circle)
· Paint ( you need just two colours Red and silver. Use that kind of colour you prefer. I used a combination of Spray and normal wallpaint. )
· 1 X Deco - marker from Edding ( not necessary but it was helpful to correct the paint. You never be able to paint it completely perfect. ;) )
· Some stain to make the whole thing water-resistant
· Three rolls of Tennis grip band
Tools you need: (well the tools I used ^^)
· (And some workspace)
Ok. Now let´s start’: (with one Chakram)
At first you have to mark the middle of your sticks. Then you should cut a slot like in this picture. The slots are as long as the sticks thick. Try to do straight slots. When you put two sticks together it should be a cross.
Stabilize the cross with tape. Don´t worry, later you will not see the tape. So you can use a lot. But you should be able to grab it later too ;3
Then add the Styrofoam circles also fix them with tape. For a better hold you can also make some slots in the rings. But careful they are fragile.