Introduction: BB-8 Snowman, Star Wars
Fourth Prize in the
Dyeing for Color Contest
Nothing says Merry Christmas like a BB-8 Snowman. Olaf... eat your frozen heart out!
Step 1: Roll Up Some Snow and Get Some Accessories
- Roll him: Try to get as round of a ball as you can get for the body. Then pop a half ball on top for the head. Notice the shape on the head, it takes a little sculpting by hand to get it just right
- I used an old coax cable for his antennas
- I spray painted the bottom of a pop can for the eye lens
Step 2: Color Him
- I mixed food coloring with water in a spray bottle.
- Make it really concentrated
- Let the water chill outside as much as possible without freezing so it doesn't just melt on contact.
- I made stencils out of a pizza box to help guide it. Held them in place with help of the kids and a knife
- The second time i colored it i just free handed it once i was familiar with how it sprayed.
Step 3: Enjoy
We had to move him since he was blocking the car in the garage.... so my little scavenger helped move him. He now wishes cars a Merry Star Wars Christmas at the end of the driveway.
I did have to reapply color.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.