Introduction: BEST DIY Simple Reflex Sight
Runner Up in the
Make It Glow! Contest
All you need is a CD case, and you get a perfect circular aiming dot :)
Have fun making!
Step 1: Tools and Material
All you need is:
- small saw
- dremel tool (a hot nail can poke a hole in that too)
- old CD case (maybe 2)
- 3V button cell
- LED (blue LEDs run on 3V, so no other parts needed!)
- pair of pliers or something 90°angled to bend the main part, plus lighter
Step 2: Step by Step Video
1. Print and cut out the template (cardboard will work best, paper is too thin)
2. Place it on the clear CD cover, and grab a marker
3. Works best with a small saw: Cutting it out
4. Mark a stripe of 4cm in the center
5. Use a pair of pliers and a lighter to bend it by 90° on each side
6. Cut out 2 L-shaped edges (from another clear CD case lid)
7. Glue them onto the first part.
8. Make the 4 cm wide, 9 cm long centerplate (same clear plastic) and glue it on the L-pieces
9. Grab the black disc-holding part cut out a piece as shown in the video and glue it to the rear
10. Make 2 side plates, and glue them on
11. Glue in a tiny L-plate to make sure, the battery is held in place, same for the LED
12. Glue on a stripe of the clear stuff to cover the LED and battery
13. Time for paint, tape off the exit hole and rear section...then cover it in black, 2-3 layers.
14. Glue in the display and done :)
2 People Made This Project!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.