this sensor has some advantages such like :
1) Illuminance to Digital Converter
2) Wide range and High resolution. ( 1 - 65535 lx )
3) Low Current by power down function
4) 50Hz / 60Hz Light noise reject-function
5) I2C bus Interface ( f / s Mode Support )
6) No need any external parts
7) It is possible to select 2 type of I2C slave-address.
8) It is possible to detect min. 0.11 lx, max. 100000 lx by using this function.
DataSheet for this sensor will be found here
it's easy to use and connect , so Let's started
We will need :
1) Arduino Board" Uno,Nano,mini .. "
2)BH1750 Breakout .
4)CD4050 Hex Buffer IC , Or 510 Ohm resistor *3
Step 1: Definition of luminous ,Lumen
Lumen : The unit for the quantity of light flowing from a source in any one second (the luminous power, or luminous flux) is called the lumen.
In our sensor we will take a reading from it in Lux which is equal to one lumen per square metre:
Lux = 1 Lm/m2 .