Introduction: BLOODY PAINTING HALLOWEEN PROP!!!
Halloween is arround the corner, so I decided to build a NEW TYPE OF HALLOWEEN PROP.
IN THIS HALOWEEN PROP, WHENEVER THE PERSON WILL COME NEAR THE SPOOKY POTRAIT A SENSOR WILL ACTIVATE THE PUMP AND RED WATER WILL FLOW OVER THE POTRAIT,
GIVING AN ILLUSION THAT THE PAINTING IS HAUNTED AND BLOOD IS FLOWING OVER IT !!!
All that WITHOUT USING AN ARDUINO OR ANY OTHER SOPHISTICATED IC'S.
Step 1: Understanding It
This prop works by an IR module.
this module has 3 pins
●VCC - this connects to the possitive terminal of the battery.
●GND - this one has 2 roles to play, becoming the negative terminal of both, the module and output.
●0/P - This is the digital pin and becomes the positive terminal to the output.
The IR led sends an infrared pulse which when comes accross an object, reflects and returns back to the photodiode activating the circuit.
Step 2: Materials Required
To proceed the build you need the following things -
IR MODULE ( either buy one or make your own)
ELECTRIC WATER PUMP/SERVO MOTOR
RED COLOR PAINT (anything that will play the role of fake blood.)
A VERY SPOOKY PAINTING IN A FRAME.
Step 3: CIRCUIT DIAGRAM
Follow the circuit diagram
Step 4: Lets Begin With It !!!
Follow these steps
●STEP 1 - Connect the VCC pin of the IR MODULE to the possitive terminal of the battery cap.
●STEP 2 - Connect the GND pin of the IR module to the negative terminal of the battery cap.
●STEP 3 - Connect another wire to the GND pin and a wire from the 0/P pin.
Step 5: About Your Relay.....
A RELAY SWITCH CAN TAKE A LOW POWER INPUT ( like the one from an arduino ) AND SWITCH VERY HIGH VOLTAGE APPLICATIONS ( like a coffee machine ).
Your relay switch has 2 parts -
1. The electro-magnet, this requires the low-input voltage and activates the big high-voltage switch.
2. The high-voltage switch, this is like a normal electric switch but, when attracts to the electromagnet then it switches the power.
Step 6: The Pump
For the blood flowing effect you can use a battery operated water pump which will pump out red water.
The pump( a pressure booster pump from an RO filter ) I am using requires 24 volts
Step 7: If You Don't Have a Pump !
If you don't have a pump then use this method -
TAKE A SERVO MOTOR AND PUT IT OVER THE VALVE OF A TAP OR GARDEN HOSE.
WHEN THE IR SENSOR WILL GIVE A SIGNAL THE SERVO WILL TURN ON AND WATER WILL FLOW OUT.
TO COLOUR THE WATER RED IN COLOUR TAKE A PIECE OF CLOTH AND PUT SOME DRY RED COLOUR ( in the second image )AND CONNECT IT TO THE END OF THE PIPE.
Step 8: Add Your Relay Switch With the Pump.
Do the following to add your relay switch -
●STEP 1 - Connect the output wires from the IR SENSOR to the electro-magnet input of the relay. ( SEE THE SECOND IMAGE )
●STEP 2 - Now take the pump and connect it to the battery with the relay switch' switch part with 3 9v batteries.( see the images )
Step 9: Prepare the Blood !
Take some red water colour and mix it with water.
Or take some red syrup instead.
Step 10: Chose a Spooky Photo With a Frame Type Something
Step 11: Prepare the Photo
Take the pump's outlet wire and put it on the photo as shown in the images, but try to hide it if possible.
Step 12: Final Setup !!!
Now when you are done keep the following things in mind.
1. Hide all the parts of the prop except the IR SENSOR and the photo itself.
2. Hide the IR SENSOR in a thing like a skull prop or simply anywhere it is able to funtion.
3. Keep the inlet pipe of the pump in the red water a make sure it is firmly dipped in it.
Step 13: How to Use It
● KEEP THE PHOTO IN A PLACE WHERE ALL THE PARTS OF THE PROP CAN BE HIDED.
● THE IR SENSOR SHOULD BE PLACED SUCH THAT WHENEVER A PERSON COMES NEAR THE PHOTO, HIS/HER'S BODY SHOULD TRIGGER THE SENSOR.
● YOU CAN ADJUST THE RANGE OF THE IR SENSOR ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS BY THE VARIABLE ' KNOB TYPE THING ' ON THE MODULE.
NOW AS SOMEONE WOULD COME NEAR THE PHOTO IT WILL TRIGGER THE SENSOR AND RED WATER IN THE FORM OF BLOOD WILL FLOW ALL OVER THE PAINTING MAKING IT EVEN MORE SPOOKY.