Just like full-sized cherry pie, these baby versions are topped with a mini lattice. You could also use a crumb topping, but this little touch makes them even cuter! The tart cherries in the filling are just delicious and make these baby pies perfect.
Step 1: You'll Need. . .
- crust (see next step)
(for the filling)
- 2 cups frozen tart cherries (thawed, pitted, with liquid)
- .25-.5 cups white sugar (depending on how tart your cherries are, and how sweet you want your pies)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- medium bowl
- small bowl and spoon
- wooden spoon or rubber spatula
- measuring cups and spoons
- heavy bottomed sauce pan
- muffin tins
- round cutter about 3 inches in diameter
- round cutter about 1.5 inches in diameter
- sheet pan with parchment paper