Introduction: Baby Gym
hula hoop - 1
rope - several yards
lynch lock pin - 1
wine bottle corks - 4
needle & thread
Step 1: Hula Hoop
1. Hula hoop will be our frame.
Step 2: Saw Hula Hoop in 2
2. Saw the hula hoop in 2 approximately equal parts. One half should be slightly larger than the other, so that it reaches the floor when positioned over the other shorter half -- but precision is not essential.
Step 3: Drill a Hole Through the 2 Halves in the Middle
3. Place the 2 hula hoop halves over each other in the final configuration and drill a hole through the 2 halves in the middle. The 2 parts can then be pinned using the lynch lock pin.
Step 4: Sew 2 Jackets With Loops
4. Sew 2 jackets with loops (as many as you want & wherever you want them) to hang the toys. The fabric for the jackets should be preferably elastic, so it will be easy to put the jackets on the 2 halves of the hoop.
Step 5: Put the Jackets on the Frames and Pin Them
5 . Make 2 holes in the middle of the jackets (as you made 2 holes in the middle of the frames) so they match over each other- the holes in the fabric are needed to pin the lynch lock pin through.
Step 6: Trim 4 Corks for the Legs
6. Corks can be used to tie together the legs. Our local Whole Foods recycles corks, so that's where we obtained them. You need 4 corks. Trim the corks so they can fit inside the hoop snugly.
Step 7: Drill a Hole Through Each Cork
7. And drill a hole through each cork sufficient to thread the rope. Thread the rope and tie a knot on the side the cork to be fitted inside the hoop.
Step 8: Connect All for Legs With the Rope
8. Connect all for legs with the rope around the perimeter of the baby gym and hang the toys.