Step 1: Supplies
I used the following:
- Lion Brand organic cotton yarn, with scraps of white for the eyes and orange for the beak.
- Size 9 double pointed needles (you may want to use a different size depending on what yarn you use)
- Crochet hook (not super important what size, I used an F)
- 2 buttons for pupils
- Heavy thread to attach pupils (buttons) to crochet white eyes
- Large eyed needle, big enough to thread yarn through for attaching pieces to hat (not pictured). You could do this with a crochet hook too, but I found it much faster to do it with a needle.