If you've got concerns about consuming or cooking with booze, you can omit the whiskey, but really, why would you want to?
Step 1: Making Crust. . .
To make your own, you'll need. . .
- - one large bowl
- - muffin tins (I use one 3 cup by 4 cup, and two smaller 3 cup by 2 cup - because that's what I have)
- - measuring cups and spoons
- - a round cutter (I use one that's intended for biscuits - it's about a 3" diameter and has a scalloped edge which makes the tops of the crusts look rather nice)
- - 3 cups flour (all purpose) - additional will be needed when rolling out for dusting board and rolling pin
- - 1.5 teaspoons salt
- - 2 tablespoons sugar
- - 1 cup and 2 tablespoons butter (cut in cubes and kept nice and cold)
- - .5 cup cold water
- - 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (no, seriously)
- - parchment paper
- - plastic wrap
- - a rolling pin (I prefer a French rolling pin (i.e., one with tapered ends)
- - your hands (for mixing)